The disposable ear piercing cartridge is so safe and simple to use that we are offering them to you at home to pierce your friends.
The Safe Ear Piercing system is suitable for ear lobe piercings only. For Helix piercings please purchase the longer post studs. These are also great for thicker earlobes.
There is no risk of cross contamination
• There is no contact between the piercer and the jewellery
• There is no spring mechanism – no airborne particles and no sudden noise
• Single use, completely disposable cartridges pre-loaded with jewellery
• Pre-sterilised in individual packaging
• Sharp needle point studs with long thin gauge posts
• SS316L Surgical grade steel , 24k gold plating over surgical steel or Titanium G23
• Longer post stud for Helix piercings and thicker lobes.
PROCEDURE FOR CARTRIDGE PIERCING
• Wash hands
• Prepare Equipment:
-Lay out tissue / paper towel
• Open cartridges
• Open swab
• Unclip pen
• Put gloves on
• Wipe each ear thoroughly with alcohol swab and put it back on the tissue.
• Mark spot to pierce with a clear dot.
• Take cartridge from the packet. Do not at any stage touch the jewellery.
• Hold the cartridge with your thumb and forefinger.
• Position the cartridge at the correct angle and squeeze the cartridge gently until the stud is aligned directly with the dot. Check that the exit point for the piercing is in the right position for a straight piercing.
• Squeeze the cartridge together firmly until the backing clicks into the stud, then release it. The clear plastic casing will fall away.
• Put the empty cartridge directly into the rubbish bin using the foot pedal.
• There is no need to clean the piercing afterwards or touch it, as it has not become dirty since the initial cleaning.
• Piercings performed with cartridges will not bleed as the stud completely blocks the hole.
• Wrap up the contents of the tissue and take off your gloves and dispose of all this.
Always wash your hands prior to touching a new piercing. Touching a piercing with unwashed hands is the quickest way to get an infection.
It is important not to over-clean a piercing as this may cause unnecessary irritation and slow down the healing process. Clean the piercing twice a day, no less, and only clean it more often if it comes into contact with sweat, dirt or body fluids.
Clean the piercing with diluted Tea Tree Oil. This is a natural anti-septic solution, which is gentle and ideal for cleaning your piercing. It is applied simply by spraying the solution directly onto the area. It is common for a piercing to emit discharge during the early stages, leaving a dry crust. This should be removed by spraying the Tea Tree Oil Solution onto the area, bathing it and gently removing the crust with a clean cotton tip. Do not pick the crust off with fingernails, as this will increase the
chance of infection. Also do not break the crust by moving the jewellery when the area is dry.
If you must go swimming with a fresh piercing, we recommend you cover it with a waterproof plaster and spray-clean it with diluted Tea Tree Oil afterwards.
The initial healing phase generally takes six weeks. In this time the piercing should be treated as an open wound. The secondary phase takes up to six months for the new skin cells to form around the inside of the piercing. You will know this has happened when the skin around the jewellery turns inwards like a donut.
If your piercing has taken a knock you may notice slight redness and mild swelling. This can be treated with Crystaderm, which is available from your pharmacy. Please consult with your doctor if your piercing is genuinely infected ie. the piercing becomes very painful or swollen, or if you have pus oozing from the piercing which is green, yellowish or greyish.
Thank you for choosing us for your piercing. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns or queries. Phone us at the store on 03 365 2255 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.